- Vermicompost is the best organic and ecological fertilizer that exists.
- In Lombrimadrid we have been improving vermicompost manufacturing processes for more than 15 years.
- Not all vermicompost are the same.
VERMICOMPOST 1200 kg Big Bag
Vermicompost is an ecologically certified product by EEC regulation no. 2092/91.
LOMBRIMADRID earthworm humus is the result of a series of natural processes improved by the experience of years of transformation of manure of different types such as beef, rabbits, sheep, etc., by the processing of the so-called California earthworm ( Eisenia foetida). This product is not only fully assimilable by plants, but it has many characteristics that will benefit your crops in the short, medium and long term. It is also a 100% natural product.
The worms eat organic matter and process it, converting it into worm humus, providing all kinds of beneficial microorganisms for plants and eliminating the intrinsic toxicity of manure contributed by its acidity and remains of the animal’s food chain as products that they eat and that they are treated chemically, as well as antibiotics that they can ingest, etc.
Our worm humus is made with an experienced technique over more than 15 years. By its results we can say that it is a product of the highest quality, and with an incredible richness that even preserves diseases in the medium and long term.
As important characteristics compared to other organic fertilizers we can say the following:
- Does not rot
- Does not ferment
- It has an almost neutral pH. Between 6.7 and 7.7.
- Contains Millions of colonies of microbial organisms
Worm castings are dark brown in color, odorless, and leave no residue to the touch.
It is a high quality product, rich in organic matter, lacking in phytotoxicity and very easy to handle.
Vermicompost, as a solid organic fertilizer, eliminates unwanted characteristics in manure, since it neither ferments nor rots and has two clear advantages in relation to organic fertilizers: it is practically neutral (pH between 6.8 and 7, 8) and contains abundant bacterial flora (billions of colonies per gr. Of product).
The neutral character of earthworm humus, the absence of phytotoxicity and the abundance of its bacterial colonies mean that this product has the following properties:
- It is a natural and ecological product.
- It can be used for all types of crops.
- It is rich in humic extracts and mineral elements.
- Great restructuring power of degraded soils, even chemically.
- Increases the biological activity of soils.
- Increases the retention of moisture and mineral salts in the soil.
- Stimulates the activity and development of microorganisms.
- It activates the formation of clay-humic complexes, enriching the soil.
- It can be used in excess, since it does not harm the cultivation of plants, even in the most tender shoots.
- It has a neutral pH.
- It is rich in organic matter.
- Increases the cation exchange capacity of the soil, improving the vitality of plants.
- Increases the effectiveness of mineral fertilizers, accelerating the recovery of fertility.
- It improves soil structure.
- Its phytotoxicity is ZERO (salmonella, coli).
- Stimulates and accelerates the humification of organic matter.
- It smells good and does not leave any residue.
- Provides humic acids and fulvic acids in large quantities favoring the uptake of nutrients.
- It has a high concentration of bacterial flora, much higher than that of any other organic fertilizer.
It will depend on the size and age of the fruit tree
(Citrus, apple, pear, cherry, peach, apricot, …)
Young: 600 – 1000 g (Twice a year in Spring and Autumn)
Adults: 2 – 4 kg (Twice a year in Spring and Autumn)
Transplant: 1 – 2 kg / tree
Surface fertilizer: 2000 – 4000 kg / ha (till after the application of humus)
Includes vegetables and legumes
(Tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, pumpkins, carrots, aubergines, onions, garlic, legumes, potatoes, beets, beans, beans, lettuce, asparagus, cauliflower, artichokes, …)
Sowing: 40 g / seed or 150 – 250 g per linear meter
Transplant: 100 g / plant and underline with another 100 g / plant
Surface fertilizer: 1000 – 3000 kg / ha (Work after the application of humus) // (WE ARE RECOMMENDING 0.5Kg x m2)
It depends on the type of strains and the production system
Rainfed: 500 – 700 g / strain and year
Irrigation: 1000 – 1200 g / vine and year
High vine: 2 – 5 kg / vine
Common strains: 400 – 600 g / strain
Trellis: 600 – 1500 g / strain
Planting and rooting: 1 – 1.5 kg / strain
Annual maintenance: ≈ 1 kg / strain (See previous data)
Surface fertilizer: 2000 – 5000 kg / ha
It will depend on the size and age of the olive tree
Young: 600 – 1000 g (Twice a year in Spring and Autumn)
Adults: 1 – 3 kg (Twice a year in Spring and Autumn)
Surface fertilizer: 1000 – 2500 kg / ha (till after the application of humus)
It will depend on the size and age of the pistachio
Young: 800 – 1500 g (Twice a year in Spring and Autumn)
Adults: 4 – 6 kg (Twice a year in Spring and Autumn)
Surface fertilizer: 1500 – 3000 kg / ha (till after the application of humus)
CEREALS AND SOME LEGUMES
(Cereals: Corn, barley, oats, wheat, …) (Legumes: Soybeans, chickpeas, alfalfa, vetch, …)
Surface fertilizer: 1000 – 1500 kg / ha (till after the application of humus)
Seedlings: Use between 20 – 30% worm humus together with the usual substrate
Gardening and Floriculture
It depends on the age and size of the tree
Ornamental trees: 2 – 3 kg / tree and year (0.5 – 1 kg / tree in transplants)
ORNAMENTAL SHRUBS, SHRUBS AND HEDGES
It will depend on the size of the hedge
Ornamental hedges, shrubs and shrubs: 1 – 2 kg / plant and year or 100-200 g / m2 with two applications a year (In spring and autumn) (0.5 – 2 kg / plant in transplants)
PLANTERS OR POTS
Flowers and plants in planter and / or pots
Flowers and plants in planters / pots: 50 – 150 g / plant and month (In transplants use between 40 – 50% of the substrate used)
PERENNIAL GARDEN PLANTS
Perennials: 40 g / plant and month
Land preparation: 200 g / m2
Sowing: 400 – 600 g / m2 (Apply it mixed with the seed and broadcast)
Annual maintenance: 50 – 100 g / m2 (Broadcast and water afterwards)
Sods: 100 – 200 g / m2
Surface fertilizer: 500 – 1000 kg / ha (Till after application of humus)
Soil preparation: 400 – 500 g / m2 (till after the application of worm castings)
Annual maintenance: 100 – 200 g / m2
Land reclamation: 1500 – 2500 kg / ha (Till after the application of worm humus)
It depends on the size and age of the trees to be transplanted
Transplant: 150 – 1000 g / tree (Use in the transplant)
Annual maintenance: 150 – 500 g / tree depending on the terrain and the contributions of organic matter. In most cases this subscriber can be dispensed with.
Then we leave you the technical sheet of the humus in PDF document: